Love Your Garden Episode 8: Before and after photo gallery

love-your-garden-2015-team-presenters-and-frosts-landscapes-in-finished-garden-with-family-episode-8

We created a beautiful garden for the Drake family in episode eight of Love Your Garden.

We wanted to make a stunning outdoor space for the family to enjoy spending as much time as possible together.

This what the garden looked like when we arrived:

love-your-garden-episode-8-before-photo-makeover

And this is the garden after the makeover.

love-your-garden-finished-garden-after-makeover-photos-episode-8

love-your-garden-wildflower-meadow-lawn-garden-episode-8-after-photos

finished-garden-episode-8-after-photos-woodland-garden-love-your-garden-2015

I loved the wildflower meadow feel. We put a lot of wood into the garden and it had a really naturalistic style.

wildflower-meadow-apple-trees-love-your-garden-meadow-mat

love-your-garden-woodland-wildflower-border-plants-planting-list

meadow-mat-love-your-garden-widlflower-turf-meadow

The circular patio was lovely and the log edging was truly effective.

love-your-garden-circle-patio-planting-list-after-photos-episode-8

love-your-garden-woodland-walk-episode-8-finished-garden

The wood on the shed made it feel more like part of the garden and I adored the hanging candle lights in mason jars along the path.

black-shed-with-log-insect-habitats-love-your-garden

path-with-hanging-candles-in-mason-jars-love-your-garden

And that outdoor bed was incredible! I’ll admit, I was a bit skeptical when Frances suggested it, but it looked great. And it was so comfy.

love-your-garden-outdoor-bed-episode-8-finished-garden-after-photos

garden-bed-seat-love-your-garden-2015

outdoor-bed-love-your-garden

In fact, here we are testing it out!

love-your-garden-team-on-the-outdoor-bed

The seating area and fire pit are perfect for getting as much enjoyment as possible out of the garden.

seating-and-bar-area-finished-garden-love-your-garden

love-your-garden-seating-area-with-black-globe-fire-pit

outdoor-kitchen-pizza-oven-love-your-garden

And I want a bar in my own garden!

love-your-garden-outdoor-bar-area

I also loved the little touches for the children. I hope they love playing on that tractor.

wooden-log-tractor-love-your-garden

See the photos from behind the scenes here!

2017-01-17T19:08:35+00:00

17 Comments

1. joanne norris August 12, 2015 at 4:25 pm - Reply

Last week on the episode with the two elderly friends living together at the end you put a statue of a west highland white terrier in the front garden. I have one of these dogs and would love one of these statues. Could you let me know where you got it from. Thank you.

2. Jan Harper August 12, 2015 at 4:32 pm - Reply

i loved what you did with the garden in episode 8 ! Absolutely gorgeous. Could you tell me where I can get the meadow rolls you used from please ?

3. Cathy Dixon August 12, 2015 at 9:06 pm - Reply

Very moving story, makes you feel lucky to have your health.

4. Jan Bee August 12, 2015 at 9:45 pm - Reply

I was in floods of tears…some happy, some sad. Memories are so precious for this little family ♥ Well done to the team for making a garden they can enjoy 🙂

5. Marguerite August 12, 2015 at 9:46 pm - Reply

What you all did for the Drake family was truly amazing, it will give them all such a wonderful outdoor space to enjoy with family and friends and make lots of lovely memories. Very well done.

6. Patricia Smith August 13, 2015 at 4:21 am - Reply

I loved all the gardens in this Episode. Everyone garden told a wonderful,story , very tearful at times . The last one for the Drake family was wonderful. Well don Alan and your amazing team . I will miss seeing your programs . Can’t wait until the next ones . Patricia

7. Lorraine August 13, 2015 at 11:36 am - Reply

I love the programme .I try too watch every episode .Please keep up the great work

8. Sue Robinson August 14, 2015 at 6:17 am - Reply

All the episodes are amazing,,, so much joy and happiness for all the families… I wish they could do mine ….

9. RACHAEL August 14, 2015 at 1:33 pm - Reply

Such a great show. We watch all of your episodes. So much thought goes into it, and you all get on so well.

10. June August 14, 2015 at 7:54 pm - Reply

What you’ve done for all the families has been truly amazing, well done to all the team. Great show we have enjoyed every episode .

11. Diane August 14, 2015 at 8:41 pm - Reply

Love it. So creative. Where did the pizza oven come from?
    Diane. X

12. Audrey August 14, 2015 at 10:46 pm - Reply

Such well chosen families for the make-overs – tear jerking stories and such wonderful results

13. Bonita August 15, 2015 at 2:33 pm - Reply

Love the show , need iidea for back yard thats been decked any suggestions welcome.

14. Pauline Renouf August 15, 2015 at 5:17 pm - Reply

Love the programme,can’t watch it without getting out the tissues.
    It’s wonderful that so many deserving people get to have a beautiful garden.

15. Ann August 16, 2015 at 8:32 am - Reply

i love watching this programme ! Hope they do another series .

16. sandra johnson August 16, 2015 at 10:36 pm - Reply

I love your programme and what you all do for others,giving people a chance to spend quality tine together in sometimes their last day/months. Such a beautiful selfless thing to do and your finished gardens are beautiful. Wish I had free fingers and your imigination. Brilliant.