- This is a great garden fleece frost protection bag at 1M x 1M and it is made of 80gsm non-woven polypropylene fabric. The winter plant protection fleece cover gives enhanced frost protection and protects down to -15 degree temps, Thicker and warmer than standard 30gsm or 40gsm fleece(and the other 30gsm will usually only protect against -5/-6 degree temps).
- These have the advantage of a zip running the full length of the protector, They fitted over the plants easily which prevented any damage to branches. You could just un-zip the side of the bag and not have to take the whole thing off to check on your plants. The addition of a drawstring has the added advantage of it not blowing off in a gale.
- Our winter fleece bag is slightly see through with tiny pores through out, The plants were able to breathe due to the porous material, which helped protect them from mould, Can also get sunlight, air, and moisture that plants need to grow. So great for over wintering garden delicate plants.
- The horticultural fleece frost protection bag is very light, so it is very easy to use and stretch over plants. It saved you plants from snow and frost. It’s reusable as well(machine washable), so you will be using these again for the next frost coming, It is robust enough for more than one season, Doesn’t rip easily when you tug on it.
- The material appears to be more than adequate to protect the plants and to stand up to the rigours of an English winter. they will fit easily on all of the frost sensitive plants and shrubs in your garden. These plant fleece jackets were so much easier to manage than traditional fleece when covering large plants, You can use horticultural fleece frost protection to protect hanging basket plants, extra large potted plants or shrubs trees.
Abimars Garden Fleece Bags for Plants, 2 Pack 1 x 1m 80gsm
From the brand
Abimars large fleece bags to protect those delicate plants.
- This bag have zips to helps you place the bag over the plant without snagging any of the younger shoots. It has drawstrings that tighten to keep the bags in place and keep the plant nice and warm. The bags themselves are fairly lightweight and quite thick and good quality fleece material that will allow light to penetrate and keep your plant growing. they can be re-used too – tear resistant.
- The bags are of a decent size and will work well for larger containerised tender plants . The fabric cover will help retain heat and help protect some of your more venerable plants at a small cost, offering peace of mind. Will protect against extreme weather conditions as well as animals.
- The protectors and fleece in general can be reused year on year, but you will need to store it and also deal with hibernating insects before you do. A brush down and then folding into a box for storage generally is all that is necessary.
When in use it will allow the plant to breathe and absorb sunlight which will allow the plant to grow.
Smooth surface and regular stomata, Keep warm, Can pass sunlight, air, moisture
- The material is soft so it won’t damage your plants but it is also very strong so the plants cannot damage it.
- They are white so light still reaches the plants. They are also breathable as the plant needs to breathe.
- These fleece frost protection plant bags are so easy to use in comparison to the rolls of fleece.
- The product is lightweight and easy to store when not in use.
- These are a good gift idea for a gardener or someone with a few plants that are tender and not frost-tolerent.
They will fit easily on all of the frost sensitive plants and shrubs in your garden.
Easy to put together, zip and ties included, so that the plants are securely covered all winter.
It is durable enough to protect the plants and to stand up to the rigours of an English winter.
- The zipped side allows access for any watering, inspection etc whichever way they are used.
- The addition of a drawstring has the added advantage of it not blowing off in a gale.
There is a zip at the side of the cover as well as a drawstring which allows easy use without damaging the plant.
The zipper is securely sewn on the bag
Why install a zipper
One drawstring with buckle
Why choose our 80gsm garden fleece bags over garden fleece rolls or other garden fleece bags?
- Our garden fleece bags are made of 80gsm non-woven polypropylene fabric, Because the thickness is 80gsm, Therefore, when the outdoor temperature is as low as -15 degrees Celsius, it can keep the plants healthy and survive the winter smoothly(While most other similar products can only resist the outside temperature of -5 degrees Celsius), Perfect for helping tropical plants survive the cold winter, Also great for shrubs, fruit trees, banana trees. In case of extremely cold weather(When the temperature is below -15 degrees Celsius), we recommend installing a heating light source inside the plant fleece bag to ensure that the plants are not frostbitten.
- Delicate plants need to have some help to get through a harsh winter and fleece protectors are a viable solution, these covers provide an all-in-one solution, which means that you don’t have to improvise or mess about with ties, which is just what you want to help your plants survive the coldest months of the year. Ideal for protecting delicate trees and bonsai.
- They are white(not yellow) so light still reaches the plants. They are also breathable as the plant needs to breathe. The material is soft and large interior space so it won’t damage your plants but it is also very strong so the plants cannot damage it.
Why we choose square size bags instead of rectangular bags?
The advantage of a square over a rectangle is that the plants have more internal room to grow, breathe, and not damage the fragile branches.
- At the same height, the square bag has a larger diameter than the rectangular bag, so that a larger internal room is used for the healthy growth of the plants in winter.
- Enough room to keep more heat in, allowing the plants to survive the cold winter.
- The square bags have more room inside, more suitable for shrubs, large potted plants, palms or anything with pointy parts. they keep warm in low temperatures better, They do not need to squeeze fragile plants during installation.
- At the end of the winter season, due to the larger room within the square bags, the overall shape of the plant will remain unchanged after removing the bags (without being squeezed or damaging the branches).
- You plants also bounced right back into place due to the lightness of this protective covering despite being covered most of the day and all night.
Very good tear resistance, ideal for warm jackets in palm trees
- It does not allow the sharp leaves of palm trees to tear the covering material.
- It can holds up against 80+ mph winds without damage.
- Very good warmth retention for less hardy tropical plants.
- You no longer need to worry about the spiky leaves of the palm tree cutting through the plant jacket and thus preventing the tree from surviving the winter in good health.
Excellent breathability, which can provide the fresh air necessary for plant growth.
The small pores on the surface of the plant bag allow fresh external air to enter inside, providing a constant supply of fresh air to the plants. This enables healthy plant growth without the need to frequently open the bag. It doesn’t cling to plants as easily as plastic sheets(Prevents moisture condensation that you get when using plastic cover.).
|Dimensions||23.29 × 3.71 cm|
|Package Dimensions|| |
33.6 x 23.29 x 3.71 cm; 399 Grams
|Part number|| |
|Material type|| |
|Manufacturer reference|| |
|Date First Available|| |
16 Dec. 2021