Nature is in desperate trouble. Species numbers have declined dramatically in recent years and it’s vital we work together to help their recovery.
We’ll continue to focus on our priority list of species and help nurture their recovery, through a combination of research, partnerships, landscape-scale conservation and policy work.
- We’ll give urgent and intensive help to birds such as the curlew, turtle dove, hawfinch, willow tit and puffin which are suffering from a worryingly dramatic downturn in numbers
- Continue our conservation investment in 41 other birds, to help prevent them slipping back down in numbers
- Continue the development and progress of already successful reintroduction projects, such as the bittern, cirl bunting and corncrake.
- We’re proud of our role in the State of Nature report, and together with the other 49 organisations involved, we will be a powerful partnership to react to the threats it identified
- We are the UK partner of BirdLife international and together we will tackle the threats to our shared nature overseas.